Sunday, July 22, 2012

Birds, because they're fun to watch

The North Carolina Zoo is a fairly long drive for me, so I don't get there as often as I would enjoy, but it would be well worth it for the aviary alone. The birds are free to fly about a rather extensive enclosure. The tropical plants surrounding them make at least a good approximation of their natural habitat. My recent trip was a lot of fun!

This parrot at the beginning and the eagle at the end of my trip were pretty cooperative about remaining in view. All of the other denizens were shy, so the other photos here were caught by peering through the leafy canopy and hoping to spot someone, then hoping they'd remain for a second or two before flying off for new cover.


Eating:

Bathing:





Jess Isaiah Levin

Permalink: http://jilcp.blogspot.com/2012/07/birds-because-theyre-fun-to-watch.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may comment anonymously if you wish. Comments are moderated. Spam will be blocked or removed.