Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Impure as the Undriven Snow

Tonight, the very first tiny hint of a snowfall in Raleigh this winter. Here are some of those tiny ice crystals, captured by a rather battered group of leaves. I don't know about you, but I'd love to see the land blanketed by a heavy carpet of snow, driven by wind into beautiful drifts, covering the humdrum trees and houses with a fairyland look…sorry, not getting to actually see it, so the cliches just came pouring out.

Anyway, this is the stingy reality so far. When (and if) I decide that a few of the other leaves I shot are worth your glance, I'll post other shots.


And here is the unreality, because if I don't see what I hope for, maybe I can imagine it, and if I can imagine it, there's Photoshop®...


Permalink: http://jilcp.blogspot.com/2014/01/impure-as-undriven-snow.html

6 comments:

  1. Ah, dreams of snow! Come to New York where your dreams will come true........visually, at least. The hard truth: It's mighty cold here, and the intrepid drivers find themselves stuck on the road.
    EVAnonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will continue to dream of snowy fields free of motor vehicles, whether Dodge Intrepid or other models. :)

      Delete
  2. What's the closest close-up photo you can take? Because, maybe if you took a super-dooper (using technical terms here) close up of that frost (I mean, "snow") then it would look gigantic???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqui, I could (but did not, in the middle of the night with the wind blowing) get closer and make individual frost crystals more apparent. I'm saving that approach for a day that we get real snow, or maybe nice frost patterns on glass. I'm not equipped to do true photo microscopy so that the intricacy of snowflake shapes can be compared, but maybe some day I will be. I like doing super-dooper enlargements to make minuscule objects appear gigantic, yes!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm hoping for snow (or major frost) this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, though it could have complicating effects on my Symphony work. If educational concerts are cancelled, I could end up home to play in the snow, but I could easily wind up away from home and occupied while the snow lasts, and home free in time for it to have melted away. We shall see.

      Delete

You may comment anonymously if you wish. Comments are moderated. Spam will be blocked or removed.