Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Raleigh Tonight

The face of downtown Raleigh is beginning to develop into a configuration worthy of the term "skyline".  Here's a view after tonight's sunset. You can see the girder framework of the latest construction. Check it out - the crane was moving (second photo), work was going on at 8 pm.



The Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts has a bit of an otherworldly glow at night. This was one of the few nights of the week that no events were taking place. Meymandi Concert Hall, on the right, is my home-away-from-home.


Permalink: http://jilcp.blogspot.com/2014/09/raleigh-tonight.html



6 comments:

  1. Finding previously unnoticed beauty in a familiar landscape is one of the marks of a great photographer. You've done it again, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A large part of my reason for beginning photography as a kid was to learn to see more in what surrounded me. Another goal is to communicate with others, and in that vein, I am grateful to have viewers like you!

      Delete
  2. Since Raleigh is the city of oaks, I wonder if there is an artistic way to shoot the skyline with an obvious oak tree / oak leaves in the shot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure there is, if one can find a suitable vantage. If I do*, I will certainly credit you (anonymously!) with the idea.

      *Make that WHEN I do!

      Delete
  3. The streets look empty - did you have to edit out cars/people?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The exposures ranged from 13 seconds to 30 seconds. I did not spot any pedestrians at all, and the moving cars showed up as light trails, white or red. Some shots (not shown here) reveal stationary cars at stoplights.

      Delete

You may comment anonymously if you wish. Comments are moderated. Spam will be blocked or removed.