Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Herons and more at the lake this afternoon

An afternoon trip to my current favorite lake yielded a few fun photos. I set out mostly with the idea of getting some practice at catching birds in flight, and there were some chances for that. However, my first subject was a long lineup of turtles.


I saw three herons. It's not easy to get close to them, but I started my stalking with one camped out in a marshy section.



Coming in for a landing!





Another view of the turtles:


A flight path over mostly clear water! Far away though, so this next group of shots is heavily cropped despite being shot with 600mm focal length.





Keep away from my fishing area!


Turtle in motion:


And a duck in the distance to end my excursion.


[All photos shot with Canon EOS 1DX, 300/2.8 L IS II, with or without Ext. 2X III]

Permalink: http://jilcp.blogspot.com/2014/04/herons-and-more-at-lake-this-afternoon.html

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Heron shots!! An interesting mix of movement (Herons) and stasis (turtles)!! Nicely detailed shots, too; I can really see the Herons' feathers and the beautiful blue of their wings and the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your comment shows careful examination and consideration.

      Delete

You may comment anonymously if you wish. Comments are moderated. Spam will be blocked or removed.