Saturday, May 11, 2013

Aspirations

I have been trying to keep up with flowers blooming in our neighborhood, hoping to capture some of them when they are fresh and photogenic. If I can't put in the time to do an exploration of details with a macro lens and a tripod, then I look for quick ways to create a fresh perspective. This shot was hand held. A fisheye lens (180ยบ angle of view across the diagonal of the frame) let me get within a few inches of the Bearded Iris while still showing the trees above and the ground below.

The Iris almost seems as connected to the trees as to its own stalk. I decided that was enough reason for a pretentious title: Aspirations. The flower aspires to be as tall as a tree. I aspire to create photographs worthy of the subjects I find. We both have a distance to go...


Permalink: http://jilcp.blogspot.com/2013/05/aspirations.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may comment anonymously if you wish. Comments are moderated. Spam will be blocked or removed.