Thursday, May 9, 2013

More irises

When I photographed a freshly bloomed Bearded iris May 5, I didn't think it would last very long, and I was right. A day or so later, it was knocked over by a heavy rainstorm. Here are two more shots I did that afternoon. The first was done with the same lens combination as the photo in my previous post, a 300 mm telephoto plus a 2X tele-extender.


This higher magnification shot was done with a 100 mm macro lens.


Today, four days later, another one has opened. I moved in very close for this (same lens as above) and waited for any vibrations to settle to a minimum. The light was dim (it was almost 6:30 pm EDST), the exposure time was 1/4 second, so of course the camera was on a tripod.


This flower was being visited by a fly, whose red eyes provided a nice color contrast. A little cooperation for a change! It remained stationary for the long exposure.


Permalink: http://jilcp.blogspot.com/2013/05/more-irises.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may comment anonymously if you wish. Comments are moderated. Spam will be blocked or removed.