Friday, May 10, 2013

Rose

We walked a greenway and adjacent neighborhood this afternoon, and I carried a 70-200 f/4, perfect for any mid-sized flowers that passed by. One that became almost stationary long enough to be photographed was this rose. I'm not really that self-centered, but sometimes it's useful to think of my camera - rather than the earth I stand on - as the inertial frame of reference. Then too, there's the opposite case, where a subject is moving rapidly across the landscape and I pan the lens to follow. This can almost freeze the subject while blurring the background into a representation of high velocity.

But I was talking about a rose before I distracted myself. Here it is. Oh, and once again, because I've put a horizontal photo near the top of this post, you may want to collapse the blog archive list that flops over the right side of the picture.


Permalink: http://jilcp.blogspot.com/2013/05/rose.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may comment anonymously if you wish. Comments are moderated. Spam will be blocked or removed.