Monday, September 24, 2012

Autumn Debris

We're a few days into autumn in the northern hemisphere, but it will be several weeks before I would expect to see advanced fall colors in the trees of the North Carolina piedmont. Still, the little taste of cooler temperatures that we've gotten has me already very much in the mood for the sights of seasonal change. I'll use that as my excuse for focusing on a dying leaf. Actually, this one was hanging on to survival, but suffered as a victim of insect munching.



To emphasize the jagged lines and bring out the contrast of the holes, I added some light from a flash left of camera (a Canon 600EX-RT, triggered by ST-E3 radio), dialed back to about half the strength of the ambient daylight.

In Adobe Lightroom, I converted the image to black and white, then split-toned for warm brown shadows and coolish yellow-green highlights.

Permalink: http://jilcp.blogspot.com/2012/09/autumn-debris.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may comment anonymously if you wish. Comments are moderated. Spam will be blocked or removed.