Sunday, September 9, 2012

More obsession: watching wildflowers develop

I like watching time-lapse videos of flowers opening, eggs hatching, stars wheeling as the Earth rotates. I personally enjoy creating series of still photos that show development from differing perspectives. When some wild onion flowers were just beginning to bud, I started watching them. The first photos that I liked were when they were partway open.



When they flowered, I tried to show them both in context and in isolation.






When some bees became interested, I knew the flowers were near their peak, and it piqued my interest in catching them in the act. Iridescence and sunlight! Yay!


The bumblebees let me get really close.



I almost thought I was about to witness a confrontation between species, but the little guy was allowed to share in the nectar.



Permalink: http://jilcp.blogspot.com/2012/09/more-obsession-watching-wildflowers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may comment anonymously if you wish. Comments are moderated. Spam will be blocked or removed.