Sunday, August 5, 2012

A close look at seeds

Seeds? I like seeds, do you have some for me?


Actually, what I have is a close look at some seeds that people (some of us) eat. Brown flax seeds are pretty small compared to, say, pumpkin seeds. But chia seeds are a lot smaller. To the eye, if you don't have the "advantage" of myopia (I was never nearsighted, and now I deal with presbyopia), they look almost black like poppy seeds. Under magnification and strong cross-lighting they show quite a lot of tonal variation. Flax on the bottom, chia on top:


Looks a little like pebbles on the beach, and maybe tiny shells. Interesting textures, at any rate. Sometimes it's fun to take a closer look at things that we see every day.

Permalink: http://jilcp.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-close-look-at-seeds.html
www.jilcp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may comment anonymously if you wish. Comments are moderated. Spam will be blocked or removed.