Thursday, April 4, 2013

Another reason to sometimes use a cell phone camera

Here is another iPhone photo that illustrates how pocket cameras can be useful for more than record shots and funny portraits. Not only was I without any other camera when I spotted this possibility, it shows one advantage of a tiny digital sensor: depth of field from very near to very far with no jumping through hoops required. I could not have managed it with a larger camera unless I used a solid tripod, took a series of shots focused at various distances, and stacked (blended) them in Photoshop. With the little cell phone camera, all I had to do was get myself very close to some quite dirty pavement. Eww! But it was worth it. I like to play with abstract shapes made from overlooked corners of the architecture that's all around us.


Permalink: http://jilcp.blogspot.com/2013/04/another-reason-to-sometimes-use-cell.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may comment anonymously if you wish. Comments are moderated. Spam will be blocked or removed.