Monday, December 29, 2014

Raindrops

I tried to get some really close views of raindrops on trees today.  There wasn't a particularly nice background to be rendered in miniature within the drops, but the overall effect was ok.  I'll have to explore the possibilities again.  I added extension tubes and a 1.4X tele-extender to my macro lens to enable greater than life-size reproduction.


There were some nice colors in one view, so I increased the saturation and got this result:


Permalink: http://jilcp.blogspot.com/2014/12/raindrops.html

3 comments:

  1. I can see the tree line in the left most water drop in the second photo. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, I meant right most water drop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of my strategy of drawing the eye from left to right. Soft > more sharply focused, foreground twig diverging from background branch, cool colors > warm in the top half, warm > cool in the lower half.

      Delete

You may comment anonymously if you wish. Comments are moderated. Spam will be blocked or removed.